Marina Advisory 2020-66 to 67
MARINA ADVISORY 2020-66: FURTHER EXTENSION OF THE VALIDITY OF STCW CERTIFICATES AS A TEMPORARY CONTINGENCY MEASURE AMIDST THE COVID -19 PANDEMIC
Extension of STCW Certificates issued by the MARINA which are expiring between 1 September 2020 to 31 December 2020 (dates inclusive) shall be extended for a period of one (1) year from the date of expiry of the certificate without need of file for an application at the MARINA.
This applies to all STCW Certificates of all Filipino seafarers which are onboard or ashore at the time of expiry of their certificates and who are compliant with the following provisions of the STCW Convention, 1978 as amended:
- Completed approved seagoing service performing duties appropriate to the certificate held, for a period of at least:
- Twelve (12) months in total during the last 5 years prior to revalidation; OR
- Three (3) months in total during the last 6 months immediately prior to revalidating
- For Certificate of Proficiency (COP) in tanker courses, the seafarer must have completed approved seagoing service performing the duties appropriate to the tanker certificate held, for a period of at least 3 months in total during the preceding 5 years.
- Meet the standards of medical fitness specified in Section A-1/9 of the STCW Code.
All seafarers are encouraged to apply for revalidation of their Certificate of Competency (COC) and (COP) after completing their online/offline courses as applicable to their certificate to be revalidated at the earliest opportunity in accordance with the standard requirements for revalidation. In which case, the 5-year validity date shall be reckoned from the original expiration date of the previous certificate.
MARINA ADVISORY 2020-67: EXTENDING COVERAGE OF EXPIRING SIRB / SRB FOR SEAFARERS CURRENTLY ONBOARD SHIPS AND ASHORE OPERATING BOTH IN DOMESTIC AND OVERSEAS
To alleviate the plight of the Filipino Seafarer, and with reference to MARINA Advisory no 2020-58 last July 30 2020, notice is here given of its further amendment to provide as follows:
All Seafarer’s Record Book (SRB) or Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB) currently serving on board ships or ashore expiring between March 13 2020 to December 31 2020 shall be extended for a period of one (1) year from date of expiry without the need to file for an application at the MARINA.
Seafarers who are not on board are hereby directed to RENEW their SIRB / SRB six (6) months prior to its expiration.
The Provision of MARINA Advisory no 2020-58, series of 2020 and all other issuances which are contrary to this advisory are hereby ordered to be rescinded.
For further details please visit the reference link below: